Monday, 3 October 2016

Why did I start blogging?


I'm currently taking part in a blogging challenge this week called 'Trigger Your Blog'. I've wanted to do something like this for so long because I want my blog to be a place that I feel proud of. So, here we are. I never thought about writing the reasons for why I started blogging, so I think this will be fun! Let's get started!

1. The day I realised my passion for writing. I started blogging in July 2015, but I definitely thought about beginning for a long time before then. When I started studying with The Open University, I wanted to make sure I still had a social life, as I mentioned briefly in my last post. So, I joined a creative writing class in January last year, I believe, and this is when I realised that I really enjoyed writing. I actually fell in love with writing, to the point where I would write for hours and sometimes forget to do typical adult things haha. I went to this class with a friend, and she has a blog too and managed to persuade me to start my own. I was nervous at first, and I still think I am a little nervous about writing posts. I wasn't sure what I was doing, or what to write about. (Let's be honest, that's still me now, but that's why I'm taking part in this blogging challenge!)

2. Books, just books. I've adored books ever since I could read. I've always been that person that always has their nose stuck in a book. So, when I decided that I would start blogging, I thought that this was something that I would be able to write quite a lot about, simply because I adore reading so much. However, I started reading more blogs and liked to read other posts about travel and lifestyle, so I decided to write about that too.

3. Something to look back on. I'm a very sentimental human, and I like to look back at all forms of previous 'me'... That was weird. But anyone else that's sentimental will get what I mean, right? Please. Anyway, I thought that this would be a fun way to look back on my thoughts and opinions in the future!

I think I've covered everything that I wanted to! I hope you enjoyed reading this! If you're a blogger, let me know why you started blogging because I'd love to know!

See you tomorrow! (I know, I'm impressed with myself too! Haha)

Love, Laura xx



 FOLLOW: TWITTER 
| FOLLOW: BLOGLOVIN'
FOLLOW: INSTAGRAM | FOLLOW: FACEBOOK
LAURAHAZLEY@HOTMAIL.CO.UK



















1 comment:

  1. I felt exactly the same when I started my blog. I had just finished my creative writing and english degree and everyone said to start a blog but I had no idea what to do. I love reading recommendations for books too :-)

    ReplyDelete