Sunday, 3 January 2016

2015 Book Survey!

This post is a little late, because it's already 2016... However, I still thought it would be a fun way to show my favourite books of 2015! Here we go!

1. How many books did you read? Did you meet your goal?
My goal for this year was 25, because I had a lot of things happening with university and whatever else life threw at me. I did manage to reach my goal, which I'm really proud of! I read 26 books in 2015 :)

2. Most read genre?
Probably YA Contemporary. It's my favourite genre to read, so I was making the most of it! I really want to try out different genres this year though! I'll make sure I do.


3. Most read author?
I didn't read a lot of books with the same author this year. I read the first 2 books of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which I loved by the way. So, I guess Ransom Riggs?

4. Longest and shortest books you read.
Longest - Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
Shortest - Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen

5. Favourite book published in 2015?
Oh gosh, this is so difficult. I haven't read Library of Souls yet, but I really want to say this book because I know I'll love it. Is this allowed? Ummm, if not I'll say You Deserve A Drink by Mamrie Hart.

6. Favourite book not published this year?
Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens without a doubt! I loved that book so much. I want to re-read it now...

7. A book that lived up to the hype.
I would say We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I found this book to confuse my brain so much, and I really love when that happens haha.

8. A book that did NOT live up to the hype.
Between The Lines by Jodi Picoult. I was really excited about the aspect of this book, but I just didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would. I did enjoy the ending a lot, but I found the rest of it to drag out for longer than necessary.

9. Favourite character.
Bodee Lennox in Faking Normal! I want to marry him, he's great. Agh

10. Least favourite character.
Dennis, in Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy. In my opinion, he was just a really dull character, but maybe that's wrong of me to say because I know he was an important character in bringing the plot together. It was more of just his personality that I didn't like, I guess. 

11. A book with a shocking plot twist.
I mean, I have to use We Were Liars in this situation. It was one of the biggest plot twists I've experience in a book.

12. Favourite and least favourite adaptation.
Favourite - I went to see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon as a theatrical performance in October. I cannot explain to you how much I loved it. This book is one of my favourites ever, and I was kind of apprehensive to see if it would be portrayed to the standard of the book. It. Was. Perfect. The whole stage work and everything was on point, and I was in awe of how they developed such a beautiful masterpiece. I want to see it again so badly!

Least - I didn't love reading Me, Earl and the Dying Girl, but I didn't hate it either. However, I strongly disliked the movie adaptation. I really didn't like the filming style, and how they seemed to miss a lot of important events in the book. If you'd like, you can read my review here.

13. What book made you cry the most?
I don't think I cried at a book this year, although I was close to tears with Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy. 

14. What book made you laugh the most?
Most definitely You Deserve A Drink by Mamrie Hart. It's honestly impossible for me to not laugh at anything she says, unless it's serious of course. 

15. A new favourite author you discovered this year.
Ransom Riggs, 100 per cent. His writing blew me away, it's so beautiful and I hope to write like him one day. 

16. Guilty pleasure read of the year.
Reasons To Stay Alive, Matt Haig. Brilliant read, though. 

17. Favourite book you re-read this year.
I didn't re-read anything this year! I wanted to read as many new books as possible, so that's exactly what I did. 

18. Were you happy with your reading year? What will you do different in 2016?
I'm very happy with my reading year. I read a lot more than intended, and I'm overly excited to read a lot more genres, and books in general, in 2016. I'm so pumped you guys!

I hope you all had a great holiday, and are ready to kick 2016's ass!
Love, Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment