Sunday, 20 December 2015

The Ultimate Book Tag!


I thought I'd do a book tag as today's post because: 1. I like to answer questions haha, and 2. I thought you would like to read more about me/ maybe get suggestions of books that I talk about :) 



The Ultimate Book Tag
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I don't, actually. My mum always tells me how she doesn't understand why I don't, but it actually makes me feel better. I'm not bad at travelling, and I don't get nauseous. I think it just helps to concentrate on something, like reading. 
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Ever since I read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, I haven't found a writing style that I've adored as much as his. I don't know what it is about his writing, but I just find it so beautiful and fantastic. It makes me feel all the feels, haha.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter.
1. I like magic more than all the Twilight things.
2. There's so many interesting characters.
3. When you think the worst has happened, something else comes along. There's always something happening, which I like!
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I just carry a handbag (hate that word), so it's an over-the-shoulder bag that holds every piece of crap that can fit into it! Besides books, it has my purse, phone, earphones, receipts that I don't need, gum/mints etc. Nothing interesting.
5. Do you smell your books?
I mean, does anyone not smell their books? You're missing out if you don't.
 6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I like to see illustrations. I'm someone that appreciates the visual aspect of a story, so it helps me to put things into perspective.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
I haven't actually re-read any books yet. I plan to in the new year, though. So I'll let you know what happens on my twitter (@distractedbooks) ;)
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
If I do, I cannot remember. I have the worst memory in the history of memories. I'm sorry.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Girl Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do write, and I love it. It's my favourite thing to do when I have spare time. I try my best to write everyday and I would love to be an author some day. One step at a time, I've had one of my poems published into a book (which you can see here)
12. When did you get into reading?
I've been reading ever since I learnt how. However, this past year I've become, what some may call, "obsessed" with books, and reading. I've just loved getting lost in all of these different worlds and lives, it's great.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Probably Maths... And the weirdest thing is, I hated English and English Literature and now I want to do a degree in English Lit & Creative Writing. Isn't it strange how things change?
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I wouldn't do anything, I don't think. I'd obviously thank them for it, and then keep it. I might actually give it to a friend, or the person that gave it to me, and tell them I've read it and suggest they read it so we can talk about it. It's okay to tell them you don't like it because you're allowed opinions, I just don't have to tell them that it wasn't their copy I read. Haha.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I wouldn't say these aren't well known but it's all I can think of - The Maze Runner and Divergent.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I stare at the viewfinder without realising, and I talk about the most irrelevant things.
18. What is your favorite word?
I like so many words, but I'd like to mention a place, rather than word, that I love to say. Massachusetts. I just find it so fun to say...
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
 All of the above, clearly.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies, because I want to believe their real. They are freaking gorgeous. Can I have my own personal Tinkerbell, please?
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels, because I'm all about things that are assumed to be pretty, and lovely.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
I'd probably enjoy reading more about spirits than werewolves. 
23. Zombies or Vampires?
I can't decide. Ummmm... Zombies because why not?
 24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Love Triangle.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
The second option. I'm not a fan of soppy romance novels. I love when there's always something exciting happening, to the point that I cannot set the book down until it's over. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, I know it was a little different than usual.
This will be the last one until after Christmas, so I hope you have a lovely holiday, and remember to think about those that aren't as fortunate to have a place, or family/friends this Christmas to be with. See you soon!
Love, Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment