Sunday, 13 December 2015

My poem is finally published!


Guys, I am SO excited to finally say that my poem has been published! I received my copies of the book in the mail on Wednesday!

I don't really want to say too much about the book, because I don't know exactly when it will be in stores, or what is happening with it. I basically just want to write about how proud I am of myself, in the least narcissistic way.

Basically, at the beginning of this year I did not even imagine to develop my writing as much as I have, let alone have a poem published. It's just completely insane for me to think about!

In January of this year, I started a local writing class on a whim. I don't really know why I chose to do it, I just felt like I should. For the first few weeks, I worried about someone hating my writing and was always anxious to read my work aloud. The feedback I received really helped to boost my quantity of writing. Before I began the class, I was writing around once week. And now, I'm writing everyday.

In March, it was brought up in class about different poetry competitions, and after hearing positive feedback on the second poem I'd ever written, I entered a couple. A few months later, I received a letter to say that my poem was shortlisted but did not win the overall competition. I was so happy that my own writing had made it so far! I read further into the letter to see that they liked my poem so much, that they still wanted to publish it into one of their new books. Honestly, I can't explain the overwhelming amount of happiness and accomplishment I felt. There's not much I'm good at, in fact I never thought I was good at anything until this moment.

Okay, enough soppy-ness. Here's a sneak peek of my poem inside the book.



See you guys on Wednesday!

Love, Laura xx

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That is amazing! You definitely deserve to be proud of this. I love the poem. It makes me sad, but I LOVE it when books/poems make me feel like that. Great job.☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! You've made my day with this comment! x

      Delete