Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Book Haul!



If you follow me on twitter (@distractedbooks), you'll know how much of a problem I have when it comes to buying books. I just can't stop, and I think I need to get some help before I drown in these binded papers...
Anyway, I recently bought more and I thought I'd share them with you. Let me know if you've read any of them, and what you thought!



1. You Deserve A Drink by Mamrie Hart - You may have noticed in previous posts on here that I'm quite the YouTube fan, spending literally spare second I have watching these freaking hilarious humans. Anyway, this book follows the intriguing life of Miss Mamrie Hart! I adore her, and her channel so getting this book was a must for me (even if it was as late as now haha).

2. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz - I was recommended this book by my best friend quite some time ago. It follows two very different individuals who appear to have nothing in common, until they meet and realise that they have a friendship that not many people ever get the chance to have. I'm very excited to read this.

3. Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy - I'm super excited for this book, I've never heard of anything with this sort of story line before. I have a feeling I'm going to get hooked on this, and get through it pretty fast. It follows a 16-year-old girl, who gets diagnosed with leukemia. She uses her final months to turn wrongs into rights. After doing so, she finds out that she is in remission, and has to face the consequences of everything that she has done and said.

4. Dumplin' by Julie Murphy - Again, I'm really excited to read this book. If I enjoy both #3 and #4 as much as I think I will, then Julie Murphy may just become one of my new favourite authors. This book takes on the complicated issue of body confidence. Willowdean Dickson is fat. And she loves her body. She doesn't like to run with the social norms, and she's not afraid to show it. Worried about how her relationship with hot-jock Bo is affecting her confidence, she fights to get back by doing something completely out of the ordinary - entering a beauty pageant.

5. My Mad Fat Diary/My Madder Fatter Diary by Rae Earl - These books have been produced into a TV series, and it's honestly one of my favourite shows to ever air on television. When I walked into the book store yesterday and realised that they were there, I had to buy them. It is a real-life diary that follows Rae Earl's life during 1989, and it's fabulous and cringe-worthy. I love it. So excited to read these!

6. Girl Online by Zoe Sugg - Again, another YouTuber book, and again I'm super late onto this bandwagon. I recently got a signed edition of the second novel (Girl Online: On Tour) and I still haven't managed to steal my sister's copy of Girl Online yet, so I figured I'd just buy my own copy. Siblings, eh? Zoella's book follows Penny, a blogger who focuses her posts on boys, her family, school and the panic attacks she's been suffering from. Things get bad, and her family sends her off to New York, where she meets Noah. They both have a secret, and Noah's could ruin Penny's cover and her best friendship - forever.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and like I said above, please let me know if you've read any of these and what you thought of them (without spoilers, though ;) ) See you on Sunday!

Love, Laura xx




No comments:

Post a Comment