Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Binge Book Review



Okay, I have kind of a lot to talk about when it comes to Binge. The first thing - it's an autobiography written by Tyler Oakley, a YouTuber who I've watched for probably almost 3 years. I haven't watched every single video he has made, but I've always loved his personality, and his passion to help everyone else. The book follows experiences, whether good or bad, that he has gone through during his life.
Also, let's discuss the fact that I got a freaking signed edition??? Ahh, I am so excited!


So, what did I like about Binge? - the realism. It's honest, and perhaps a little too honest at times. But that's exactly what I like to see in a book like this. The very first thing we read in this book (no spoilers) is something that was kept a secret up until this point, and actually pulled me right in! From the get go, I knew this book would have a lot of hidden facts pulled from the ocean, and into the sky for everyone to see. I'm actually very proud of Tyler for this.
I also enjoyed the humour, and explanation of feelings/situations that he has gone through. It gave a relatable vibe, even though I hadn't been through the exact situation he had, I knew how he felt because of how it was described.
I also really love the cover, it's so Tyler! It catches your eye so well, and agh I love it a lot.

I only really have one issue with the book, and that is the spelling. There were a few spelling errors and typos that caught my eye. It's not really that big of a deal, but I guess I just thought I'd mention it.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this. It's hilarious, heartwarming, cringe-worthy, and tear jerking. I loved it. And if, on the unlikely occasion, that Tyler stumbles over this review. I'd just like to let him know that I would love to get know Mathew Tyler Oakley even more than @tyleroakley.
I rate this book 4 stars out of 5.

Thank you for reading this book review, let me know if you have read it and what you thought! See you on Sunday :)

Love, Laura xx














No comments:

Post a Comment