Sunday, 25 October 2015

'666' - A short horror story!




Hot, panicked breaths crush the freezing air. I creep my way along a dark, cobbled path. ‘666’ labels the large, beastly building. BANG! BANG! BANG! The hum of the front door against my knuckles sets in my mind for at least 15 seconds. A shadow appears in the blurred glass window embedded on the door. A female structure. 
“Hello?" I risk talking.
SMACK! Her creepily-thin hand is pushed against the glass. Should I run? Probably. Do I run? No. I’m terrified, frozen. And curious. A creek heightens its volume as the door slowly opens. I lift my foot as if it weighs more than this gigantic house. I steady myself and slither inside. I look to my right so I can see what this lady really looks like. But, she’s gone. I look to my left, ahead of me, behind me. Nothing. Who the heck moves that fast?
I make hushed steps until I reach the bottom of an old staircase. What is this place? I walk up a few steps, before I stumble over floating words that say “run”.
“What?” I reply, almost instantly. Silence.
I continue walking to the top of the staircase, where I’m met by a dull, narrow hallway. I count eight doors as I make my way through this dark alley. There’s a large, finely detailed door at the bottom. Curiosity takes over. Maybe the lady is in here. I raise my hand to knock, my arm freezes in mid-air.
“Hush little baby, don’t say a word…” Soft, new-born voices enter my ears and I start to turn around. It’s coming from the door to my right. A small hand crawls slowly up my spine. And the door beside me opens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment