Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter



This. Book. Is. Beautifully. Optimistic.

I have been watching Louise's (Sprinkle of Glitter) YouTube videos for over 2 years now. I can hand on my heart say that she is my favourite person to watch. Louise's channel focuses on a variety of topics such as beauty, life and being happy - everything I want to know more about. And with Louise, I can never get enough of it. She manages to portray a realistic lifestyle and show how everyone is able to be happy with what they have, no matter how big or little. And that is what this book is about - and more.



First, the cover. Phenomenal, and extremely well suited to Louise's personality - bright and sparkly. You can feel the gold glitter, and the title & pictures are slightly lifted off the cover.
I fell in love with the cover, but it does not compare to the beautiful layout and design of the pages inside. What I loved most was that each individual page was uniquely designed to match the topic - and it was done exceptionally well.








The pages seen above are the first of every new chapter, aren't they gorgeous?! I especially love the first page when Louise opens her book with 'I lead a happy life.' YES GIRL, GO YOU! 

Now about the actual writing. No book has made me feel like I can accomplish anything I put my mind to more than this book. Louise, how do you do it?? You're magical. The book takes you through Louise's personal experiences with many things from comfort zones to dates called 'The Poo Man Date'. (Yes, this is actually in the book - and it is hilariously cringy). 
My favourite topic in this book is Body Confidence. I relate to this most, because I do have poor self confidence and body image. After reading this topic, I felt like I could strut my stuff around the world in my underwear and feel amazing for it (too far? oh well). I highly recommend that you read this if it's something you struggle with as it has really helped me!

As well as some serious topics, there are many fun aspects such as crafts, partying, shopping and travelling! What more do you want in a book? I plan to use these things in my day-to-day life more often and I'm SO excited about it!

I'd like to finish with thanking Louise. I know she will probably never read this, but if she just so happens to dig her way into the world wide web and find my blog - then HELLO LOUISE OMG I LOVE YOU, and also I'm so glad you had, and took, the opportunity to write your wonderful book. I already know it's going to influence my outlook on life and help me to do all I can to feel happy and fulfilled. I am forever grateful to you.

Love, Laura xx







No comments:

Post a Comment