Sunday, 2 August 2015

Hollow City



Yes, I'm only getting around to reading Hollow City now. I've been really bad with buying books lately, so I get excited and just read the first one in my reach.
I don't even know where to begin with this book. It is insanely beautiful. I'll start with Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Book #1).




While I was excited to read the first book, I was worried that it might have been hyped up to be more than what it really was. This was not the case, at all. I loved this book one million times better than expected.
Basically, the book follows a young boy, Jacob. His grandfather has a peculiar past, and Jacob takes a trip to learn more about it. What he discovers, is more than he ever imagined.
The descriptive writing, matched with the hauntingly beautiful photographs, is phenomenal. The characters discovered throughout this story are magnificent, and I feel like every reader will identify parts of their personality in at least one of them. The book ends on quite a cliff hanger. I can hear a few sighs. But all is good, becauseeeeee *drum roll* there is another book! Woohoo!


This is Hollow City (Book #2)! I feel like now is the time to tell you which one I liked best, but I can't. Agh, I'm sorry but they are both absolutely fascinating. Before I read this, I had one main worry: would I be disappointed because I loved the first book so much? But, no! I didn't. I loved it just as much. The story line that took off in this book is fascinating. It takes off right where it finished, and goes into such an adventurous journey that I could not put it down! I had all of the emotions while reading this from humor to frustration to 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING DON'T DO THAT!!' I highly recommend you read both of these books, especially if you're thinking like I did about it not being what everyone is making it out to be. I promise it will not disappoint you.

Three things before I end this -
First, I want to just thank Ransom Riggs for making this series of books and for being such a goddamn genius. His writing is honestly one of, if not the, best pieces I have ever read in my life!

Secondly, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Book #1) is currently being developed into a movie and I have never been so excited to see a movie!

Lastly, Library of Souls (BOOK #3!!) is coming out on September 22, 2015! So please, if you can, try to get these books done in time for the next one, you will not regret it!

I hope you have enjoyed my first book review, let me know if there are any other books you would like me to review in the comments!

Love, Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment