Wednesday, 29 July 2015

My poem is in a book?!




Not quite yet. But at the end of this year, yes!

Over the past few years, 2015 in particular, I would spend most of my time stuck in another world, that an author created, hoping to one day be just like them. I mean, imagine creating a whole other distinctive world and having it thrown out into the whirl of our own. Insane.



While this a dream that I will never stop giving everything for, I feel like I've made an incredible first step in my writing adventure. 4 months ago, I entered one of my poems into a competition - with high hopes and low expectations. But, to my surprise, I received a letter to say that the company would like to put my poem into a poetry book that they are working on. *deep breath* Insane. Unexpected. Ah-mazing. A dream I never knew I had.

I didn't expect this to be my first post here. But, life throws things at us that we don't expect. And this is something that I'm glad, and proud, to post here first. I hope you'll enjoy the rest of my posts here, this is just the start. The first day of the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment